Friday, April 2, 2010

Even the full fan speed is not enough

Good thing I did not attend that LAN event I mentioned earlier.
I've tried to play Just Cause 2 demo but my MacBook Pro sets itself to suspend after I've played about 20 minutes. HWMonitor told me that CPU was 111°C and NVIDIA 9600M GT 103°C just before screen went black.

Only way to prevent this happening is to raise the computer few centimeters from the table and add external fan to blow cool air towards the enclosure. Sounds really pro solution for a Pro laptop?

CPU throttling sure is annoying but computer constantly shutting down due to overheating is more frustrating than lowered CPU frequency.

I've called Apple to inform this new symptom. Let's see if this is a feature too?

1 comment:

  1. that should be on the 1:st ad you ever see on a mbp.
    regular throttling (degreace on performance) should all so be told on bold; before selling that thing. TG I've set towrads a T410.. at work.

    ReplyDelete