Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fans follow only the enclosure temperature?

I installed Snow Leopard only to notice that nothing changed.
Could it be possible that fans try to keep only the enclosure cool? No matter how hot the CPU is fans will will not speed up until the enclosure gets too hot?
See for yourself.

In the first picture I have run Seti@Home with CPU and Einstein@Home with GPU (NVIDIA 9600M GT) about one hour and temperatures have settled down.

Before taking second picture I let the computer sleep overnight to make sure it was completely at room temperature and the I launched the same applications (as in the 1st picture) and waited until CPU reaches ~110°C .

As you can see most temperatures are higher in the second picture even though computer have been under stress less than 3 minutes. Only enclosure temperatures are higher.

This is so frustrating. I'd better call consumer dispute board to ask if they have moved forward with my case.

1 comment:

  1. [img src="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_L3S3cG5x4ys/STQe5sz6qkI/AAAAAAAAAa8/TKiu6MEcmwg/s400/password-protect-msoffice-files-enter-password-to-open.JPG"]

    tesstiƤ

    ReplyDelete