Friday, December 18, 2009

How it all began

This is a story of a MacBook Pro. Eventually it is going to grow to a story of two MacBook Pro's.

Before telling this story I should probably tell what's the current state of this situation.

All communication between me and Apple have come to a halt. I've tried to get my MacBook Pro fixed for months, but both Apple and Apple authorized service point are helpless when facing this laptop.

This all began summer 2008 when I bought my first 15" MacBook Pro (later: 1st MBP). I've had Apple iBook since 2005 and I was confident that my new computer should be an Apple too.

That 1st MBP had 2,5GHz Core2Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HDD and NVIDIA 8600M GT.
That NVIDIA 8600M GT turned out to be a faulty one (It was then all over internet and Apple promised to repair laptops with faulty NVIDIA chip even after the warranty has ended)
My laptop had some other defects too:
Sometimes the keyboard and touchpad stopped working and there was no other way than reboot to restore the function.
Internal sound card made loud high pitch noise.
Screen went all mosaic few times a day. (this was "normal" to a broken 8600M GT card)

So I took my 1 month old laptop and went to Apple authorized service point (later just a service point, I've used the same service every time) and told them what is the problem. It took about one week to get my machine back. At this time I thought that one week without laptop isn't so bad. If only I'd knew back then that one week would get some addition to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment