Wednesday, June 30, 2010

New motherboard and new heatsink... no help.

Sorry for not writing for a while. I was on a vacation and meanwhile my computer was on a repair.

Before I left on a tour around Europe I dropped my computer to a service and this time Apple told that they will change motherboard and heat sink no matter what the service point will find.

When I came back I picked up my computer only to notice that my externally flawless computer have gotten a nasty bump and few scratches. Off course they denied all at the service point and I had to take my bruised computer to home.

I did not expect anything else than massive overheating and thermal shutdown when I started 3D games. My expectations were fully satisfied. 25minutes of gaming (of which 20 minutes CPU was underclocked to 1596 MHz) and then computer went to suspend.

I sent mail to Apple and asked "Now what?"

One week later I send another mail "Did you get my last mail? Now what?"

Then yesterday I called them and left a voice mail "Will you call me back?"

Today I got call from my second Apple representative. He was as abashed as the engineers. He asked if it is ok to me if he sends me weekly update by mail to tell me if there has been any progress in my case.

No I'm waiting first mail to arrive somewhere around next Wednesday .

I will not be satisfied anything else than money back. New MBP would be ok too as I can always sell it and then buy a decent real computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment