Thursday, May 6, 2010

Apple! Where's your spine?

I was told to take my laptop to a service.
Apple now suspects that the motherboard might be faulty. I gave them the error code I received some time a go when i ran the hardware test. "4SNS/1/40000000: TNOP-76.375"
The "TNOP" part here means that it has something to do with the temperature sensor.

Too bad that it has nothing to do with the ineffective cooling. Seems more like a excuse rather than a solution.
  1. If it would be faulty temperature sensor why the computer would shut down due to overheating even the fans spinning full speed? (ok... this one is possible with wild imagination)
  2. Why would the computer run constantly at lower clock speed if it would not be too hot?
  3. Why would my computers broken temperature sensor affect EVERY UNIBODY LAPTOP IN THE WORLD!?
I understand if this would be an single case and only my computer acting this weird. Then it would make sense that faulty temperature sensor would make the fans spin 2000 rpm even at full load. But this is not a single case! This is a fault that every Apple laptop released since late 2008 is affected. I just tested my fiancees 13" MBP and hardware test did not show anything wrong and yet her computer acts exactly the same. When under excessive load fan (only one fan in 13" model) does not speed up not until it is too late.

Pay attention to number 3. Maybe somewhere next Wednesday magically every Apple laptop might start working when they fix my possibly faulty temperature sensor.

No comments:

Post a Comment