Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sleep Notification occurred.

I was told to run "Capture Data.app" when I have reproduced the shutdown due to overheating -issue. I've been told to run this app once before and then I did not pay any attention what data the program collected.

Today I've finally found time to play along with Apple and it did not took long for the machine to overheat and suspend. Then I run the Capture Data application and this time I checked every little file the application collected and was suggesting me to send to Apple.
Here are just few things I've found:
  • All users passwords hash, account creation dates, user images. Also the deleted accounts were included.
  • All files I've opened since last week. (file names and full file path) Including every movie I've watched, work files written and school projects opened.
  • Nearly all programs I've started during last 5 days
  • Every file which I've downloaded since last week. (With Firefox, transmission, wget... you name it)
I've now spend about one hour on these files and there is still much to discover. Some of the files are so messy that I have to write little program to parse those files for me.

This is only what Apple would have needed:
2010-05-05 11:54:43 EEST - T[0x00007FFF70C30BE0] - Sleep Notification occurred.

Too bad I was again too hasty and send the whole thing to Apple before thinking. During last hour I have also changed all my passwords.

No comments:

Post a Comment