Friday, December 18, 2009

Delays and a show of goodwill

Why I was not so happy to hear when I was promised brand new Unibody Macbook Pro?
I had little conflicting feelings about my 1st MacBook Pro to be changed to new Unibody MacBook Pro.
Main reasons here, quick and shortly:
Pros:
Faster CPU
Bigger HDD
More Memory
Faster GPU
Tough Unibody design.

Cons:
Glossy display!
Loose lid hinges (by then I've read of loose hinges from many sources)
1st generation of new hardware design. (I newer purchase anything at the 1st wave. I tend to wait until most of childhood diseases have been polished away)

But this time I had no choice. I accepted the transfer and was given instructions to pack my laptop and all that came with it to it's original package and send it by courier company X to Apple.

I soon received message telling me that my new computer have been shipped. I also received a tracking number. Within the following days it came clear to my that the tracking number does not exist in this particular courier company's database. I quickly contacted Apple again asking where actually my computer was? I received answer shortly telling that the computer have been accidentally sent to a completely wrong country. Before I even had time to understand what the message said I got second mail telling me that they've now sent me another computer and as a show of goodwill some of the components have been upgraded. CPU from 2,53GHz to 2,8GHz and HDD to 320GB 5400rpm to equal size but 72oorpm.

I was quite happy.
All those cons mentioned in this post have vanished from my mind.
Actually I was really happy.

Untill the MacBook Pro arrived...

1 comment:

  1. The shipping to a wrong country thingy hit my eye and I quickly glanced over to the iPod Classic package I have standing on my shelf. When my iPod broke, they sent me a package to sent it off to be repaired. They fixed it and all, but when it came down to send it to me, apparently they "put the same shipping details on a few too many packages" and my iPod was sightseeing Europe for a bit longer before I got a hold on it.

    ReplyDelete